Yoga meditation is basically relaxation time, so it should be done entirely your convenience. Choose a period when you know you are not likely to be disrupted and are free to relax and enjoy.
The purpose of this article is to provide tips to help the initial hurdles and integrate meditation as an ongoing practice in their lives.
• Ensure it is a proper practice. Set aside an amount of your energy in the day that is your Yoga meditation time.
• Create some representation of sacred space in your meditation spot. This should obviously be what is meaningful for you, maybe an actual with descriptions and things, or maybe just a special rug and your meditation cushion.
• Get clear in your mind exactly what you think meditation is and what it will be like before you start. Usually, people do have ideas and expectations like this, it is very helpful to make them conscious before you start.
• Be clear about your motivation to begin yoga meditation. When you understand your reasons and objectives in beginning meditation you are more likely to find an exercise that will work for you at that time.
• Be sincere with yourself. As I said meditation is a relationship with you, you are the most important person you need to be straightforward with, and meditation is a key place to practice this.
• Educate yourself. Misunderstandings and Confusion are usually caused by ignorance. Look for an instructor or online site where you can get solutions. Read some books on yoga medidation or spiritual practice.