Extreme production of cough inside chest causes chest blockage which can cause discomfort and even problems in breathing, natural remedies can burn this phlegm to pass it out of the body. Mostly it occurs due to infection which causes the extreme production of cough in the chest and makes its movement sluggish to congest the chest and block the breathing path to cause uneasiness.
This home remedy for coughing is much more than a single remedy – it’s a collection of natural cough remedies to choose from according to the type of cough you have
- Drinking a tbsp of honey with lukewarm water aids in melting down the cough in the chest to pass it out and relieve the symptoms of congestion.
- Tea made of anise seeds(souf) is a best natural remedy for chest congestion as it promotes secretion from throat and lungs linings to melt down cough and relieve the sufferer.
- Drinking mint tea or coffee also relieves congested chest and promote comfortable breathing.
- Drinking tea made by mixing basil leaves and ginger few time in a day is a good natural remedy for passing out cough from the body.
- Whole Lemon Drink- Cut up a fresh lemon and put it through a juice extractor. Mix the juice with an equal amount of warm water and drink slowly, letting it just trickle down your throat. If it’s too bitter add a little more water, but no sugar. Do this 2 to 3 times a day. This drink clears chest congestion, cough with profuse phlegm, sinus congestion, and sore throat.
- One teaspoon of ginger juice mixed with some honey and consumed as first thing in the morning is very good to relieve a cough and cold symptoms.
- Drinking hot milk mixed with two tbsp of turmeric powder mixed in it also ease chest congestion.
- A natural remedy can be made by mixing a half tbsp of carom seeds in a glass of water and a teaspoon of turmeric powder in it, this mixture is boiled on a low flame till is volume is reduced to half. Later a teaspoon of honey can be mixed and this syrup can be consumed 2-3 times in a day for fast relief.
- Breathing Exercise-To further enhance the effects of each natural cough remedy it is also recommended that you practice this breathing exercise.