Newborn Baby Tips | Baby Health Care Tips: Before I was a mom I had never held a newborn baby in my life. I never really was the babysitting type. I had no clue what I was doing, So now that I am a mom I would like to share some things that I have learned that I didn’t know but wished someone would have told me. I always wished I could have been more prepared.
So here are some baby care tips, to care for your newborn baby-
- There are only two important things that a newborn need during the first few months- enough milk and proper sleep. Whether you breastfeed or formula feed your baby, make sure to offer her a feed on demand.
- A bath two to three times a week. Of course, you will want to give sponge baths after meals and after diaper changes to keep the baby clean. Giving baby baths too often can result in a dry irritated skin.
- Shampooing your babies hair only needs to be done two or three times a week. Always put cotton or cover your babies’ ears with your hands as to minimize the amount of water that gets in his/her little ears. This can cause ear infections.
- When picking a baby uplift gently, slowly and close to your body this makes baby feel more secure. Always make sure your arm or the hand is supporting baby’s neck.
- Don’t ever leave baby alone in the bath for even a second, be in arms reach of a baby at all times. Make sure you have everything you need with you when you are giving a baby a bath so you don’t need to leave for any reason, the phone, a towel, shampoo are just a few items that you definitely will need when giving a baby a bath.
- Avoid diaper rash and irritation is to change the diaper before or after every feeding and as soon as possible after each bowel movement. Use a diaper rash ointment after every diaper change to avoid diaper rash.
- Don’t use cotton swabs to clean out babies ears. Use wash clothes to clean in and around babies’ ear.