Side Effects of Steroids on Women’s Health: There are many restrictions on the types of steroids that women can use. Some of which are legal; steroid substitutes are risk-free for female users and do not result in virilization-related side effects. But the majority of steroids have potent androgenic effects. Although they may not have long-lasting side effects, women are likely to become virilized and suffer long-term psychological effects.
The use of anabolic steroids has major detrimental physical and psychological impacts, which can significantly affect a woman’s appearance and ability to reproduce. The health of women is adversely affected by several well-known substances, including testosterone, Dianabol, trenbolone, and others.
Let’s look at some additional negative effects of steroids on women’s health. Below are few bad side effects of anabolic steroids on women’s health:
1. Effects Hormonal System
Using anabolic steroids may cause a woman’s voice to deepen, her skin to become coarse, and her body fat and breast size to decrease. Women who lose scalp hair may have excessive body hair growth. The idea that anabolic steroids will give women permanently enlarged clitoral tissue is a common one.
2. Effects Cardiovascular System
Taking steroids increases the risk of blood clots issues in blood vessels, which could restrict blood flow and injure the heart muscle, making it less efficient at pumping blood.
3. Liver problems
Jaundice, or yellowing of the skin or eyes, is another side effect of anabolic steroids that results from liver damage.
4. Skin problems
Misuse of steroids can result in cysts, oily skin, greasy hair, and balding on the head. Steroid users who inject themselves may experience discomfort and abscess formation at the injection sites.
5. Side effects of corticosteroids on Women’s Health
Corticosteroid medicine like cortisone, hydrocortisone, and prednisone are used to reduce inflammatory conditions like bowel disease, rashes, and asthma. Yet, there are a variety of side effects associated with these drugs.
Depending on the dosage of the medication, the following side effects may manifest.
- The fluid retention that causes your lower legs to grow.
- Sick stomach, increased blood pressure,
- Mood swings, memory loss
- Gaining weight and accumulating fat on your face, neck, as well as abdomen
- Behavioural difficulties, confusion or delirium,
6. Side effects of Prednisone on women’s health
Prednisone is used to treat a variety of inflammatory problems in women’s bodies including rheumatoid arthritis, hormonal imbalances, skin conditions, and allergy-related conditions. The possible side effects of Prednisone steroid on women’s health are:
- Muscle weakness or pain or pain in your muscles or joints, numbness or tingling, limp feeling;
- An increase in appetite,
- Changes in your mood or difficulty sleeping,
- Changes in your menstrual cycle,
- Issues with memory or thought,
- Weakness, headaches, dizziness, or a spinning sensation, nausea, bloating, or loss of appetite;
- Acne, excessive sweating, thin skin, bruising, or pinpoint spots under your skin.