Heart Disease in Women – Heart Health Tips for Moms: Cardiovascular disease, which carries heart disease and stroke, is the highest killer of women worldwide. Heart disease and stroke kill 8.6 million women every year, which is 1/3 of all deaths entire world. It is often preventable. Here are 10 tips for women to keep a heart healthy.
List of heart healthy tips:
1. Control your weight as excess weight can cause at risk for heart disease.
2. Get screened by your doctor to determine your risk of heart disease. Know your numbers blood pressure and cholesterol.
3. Eat about 5 ounces of nuts every week, they are rich in the right kind of fat for your heart.
4. Eat more low glycemic directory, high fiber foods that reduce cholesterol and control blood sugar levels.
5. Eat more omega-3 fatty acids. As its support a healthy cardiovascular system by increasing good cholesterol and decreasing bad cholesterol, plaque build-up, blood clots and inflammation. Good sources of omega 3s are fresh flaxseeds, walnuts and water fish.
6. You should learn about your family history. You are at increased risk if you have a close member family who had heart disease before 65.
7. Add anti-inflammatory herbs and spices like curcumin and ginger. These work in the same way as anti-inflammatory drugs.
8. You should have 30 to 45 minutes of cardio exercises 5- 6 times a week to strength training to build muscle and reduce body fat.
9. Reduce stress and relax your nervous system with relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, and breathing. Laugh a few times every day.
10. Get eight hours of sleep. Lack of sleep is the drive to increased risk of developing heart disease. On the other hand, Woman who sleep too much also has a more risk of cardiovascular disease.